This is a scholarship program
for advancing your education in college or technical school.
Two $1000 scholarships will be made available each year, provided by UHSAA through its members who want to see
What scholarship areas are available?
UHSAA will provide a $500 per semester first year scholarship to qualified students in the
following areas of career development depending on available funds.
· College degree leading to a professional career
· An associate or other technical certificate leading to a professional,
business or technical career
These scholarships will be renewed for one additional semester for a total of $1000 if the
student maintains a “B” average. Contact the UHSAA Scholarship Committee for renewal.
How do I apply?
Students interested in applying must do the following:
· Provide proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident
· Provide a copy of your TAAS/TAKS test results indicating that you have passed all areas
· Provide a copy of your SAT or ACT results if you are college bound
· Have a “B” average in high school
· Submit a letter of recommendation from one of your high school teachers
· Write a 250 word essay explaining your ultimate career goals and your plan to finance your future education
· Submit all the above by April 1st to your school counselor
You can obtain printable forms for your letter of recommendation and your application by clicking
HERE and a form with your application blank HERE.
Contact us at:
UHS Alumni Association
Attn: Scholarship Committee
PO Box 757
Uvalde, Texas 78802
Visit our web site at:
www.uhsalumni.com to see how you can stay in contact with your classmates and help